Part-Time (Wakefield, MA)
About Pleasant Wellness
Pleasant Wellness is a small and growing health practice in Wakefield, MA. We provide care for patients suffering with pain, stress, and a variety of other conditions. Our primary treatment is acupuncture. We accept all major insurance plans that cover acupuncture.
Our relationship with patients is most important to us. We strive to deliver clear therapeutic benefits to all of our patients. In addition, we value our patients as friends. This approach has helped us grow our business quickly while achieving high patient satisfaction.
We are looking for a licensed acupuncturist who shares our values and is willing to grow the business together with us.
If you are interested in working with us, please call 617-893-3853.
As an Acupuncturist at Pleasant Wellness, your primary goal is to provide patient-centered care and advocate for well-being and healing. You will assess, treat, and recommend the course of care for our patients. You are also responsible for inputting, maintaining, and communicating accurate and thorough notes in our electronic health records system, Jane, and with the remainder of the team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Evaluate and assess patient condition by conducting brief health history
- Maintain safe and clean treatment environment and adhere to strict sanitary procedures
- Administer acupuncture treatment using sterile, single-use needles at specified locations to address the patient and/or referring provider’s chief complaint
- Provide manual therapy following acupuncture treatment for patients that need it
- Evaluate effects of treatments by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; modifying when necessary
- Document patient encounters by charting in our electronic health record system, Jane
- Educate patients on the benefits and risks of acupuncture treatment
- Light cleaning and maintaining an inventory of supplies as needed
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Current Acupuncture license in the state of Massachusetts
- Experience working as a Licensed Acupuncturist
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to make patients feel safe and comfortable during acupuncture treatments
- Strong English communication skills (mandatory)
- Chinese communication skills (preferred)
- Exceptional time management and ability to treat multiple patients per hour
- Confident and positive disposition
- Able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time